PreK Skippers: Alexa Simone and Nicole Toto
Tr. Alexa (Simone)
- Montclair State University: P-3 Alternate Route Program, M.A.T. in Early Childhood Education Candidate
- Temple University: Additional graduate coursework in child development and developmentally appropriate practice.
- Rowan College at Gloucester County: Additional coursework in child development
- Arcadia University: BFA Acting
- Bright Beginnings Academy: Pre-School Teacher
- Substitute Teacher: Washington Township and Glassboro School District
- YMCA Summer Art Program
Additional Experience & Skills:
- Volunteer: Camp Cranium (Programming/ Head of art planning), Virtua Hospital (Pediatrics Child Life Volunteer)
- Children’s Art Room Director: The Village of Four Seasons, Children’s Art Specialist: YMCA Gloucester County
- Children’s Theatre Staff: MainStage Center for the Arts
Alexa is currently pursuing her Masters in Early Childhood Education at Montclair State University. She has a true passion for working with children and inspiring them to have a lifelong love of learning. She incorporates her background in theatre and art through movement and creativity in daily activities. She feels the early childhood classroom should focus on the whole child. It should be a place where we begin to think about who we are and who we want to be in the world. It should focus on education, but also foster a love for community, culture, and curiosity. She previously taught Pre-School at Bright Beginnings Academy and is very excited to be teaching the Skippers at Haddonfield Friends School! Her favorite thing to do in her spare time is a volunteer for Camp Cranium, a camp for children with traumatic brain injuries. She also enjoys various art activities, writing, playing the ukulele, doing yoga, and hanging out with her dog.
Tr. Nicole (Toto)
- University of Pennsylvania: B.A. English
- University of Pennsylvania: Urban Studies Program for Elementary Education Certification
- The Baldwin School, Bryn Mawr, PA: Pre-K teacher
- St. Peter’s School, Philadelphia, PA: Pre-K teacher
Nicole recently moved to New Jersey and is very excited to be teaching at Haddonfield Friends School this year. She believes that when children feel loved and respected, they learn best. In her free time, Nicole enjoys playing golf, being outdoors and spending time with her family.
See ParentSquare :)