PreK Monarchs: Alicia Guide, Allie Craft, and Tina Schofield
Tr. Alicia (Guide)
- Early Childhood Education License: ? Massachusetts Department of Education; awaiting reciprocal New Jersey license
- Certified in Children's Yoga
- Salem State University Educational Collaborative: Additional coursework in special education in the classroom, teaching writing skills through revision, and new tools in the early childhood classroom.
- Lesley University: Additional coursework in teaching early childhood math and STEM; and teaching K-8 math
- Emmanuel College: Additional coursework in best practices in literacy
- Stonehill College, Easton, MA: B.A. in English
- Kindergarten Teacher, St. Peter School, Cambridge, Massachusetts (2017-2018)
- Pre-Kindergarten, St. Mary's School, Winchester, MA (2015-2017)
- Centers instructor & assistant teacher for two kindergarten classes: St. Mary's School, Winchester, MA (2014-2015)
I recently relocated to New Jersey from Massachusetts, and I'm excited to further my teaching career at HFS as a Pre-K co-teacher for the Monarchs. As a teacher, I strive to educate the whole child with academics which promote a passion for learning and lessons which strengthen social-emotional skills, fine and gross motor development. I love conducting science experiments with my students; incorporating yoga and mindfulness into the classroom; and creating thematic hands-on literacy, math, science, and art centers, which are based on emergent learning and a weekly area of study. In my free time, I enjoy painting landscapes, swimming, reading, yoga, and spending time with my husband, two children and our sweet beagle puppy, Auggie.
Tr. Allie (Craft)
- Rider University: BA in Elementary Education, BA in History, Minor is Early Childhood Education
- Kindergarten teacher, The Goddard School (2015-2018)
- Second Grade Teacher, Christina Siex Academy (2015)
- Kindergarten Teacher, Hamilton Township School District (2014-2015)
- Pre-k Teacher, Southern Ocean Preschool (2010-2014)
I am very excited to be teaching in the Monarch classroom this year! My outlook on life is that everyday is a new adventure and a new opportunity to learn something. I bring that same passion into the classroom and I like to instill a love of learning and adventure in my students. I believe that the early childhood classroom is a very vital foundation to the child discovering themselves and who they will become. We aren’t just teaching a child, we are creating a person. In my free time I enjoy traveling, going to the beach, and spending family time with my husband, Karl and twin daughters, Eloise and Jane.
I look forward to what the year brings us!!
Tr. Tina (Schofield)
- Temple University Boyer College of Music and Dance, Philadelphia, PA
- B.M. Magna Cum Laude in Piano Pedagogy, May 2006
- M.M. in Piano Performance, May 2008
- Private Piano Studio, Haddon Township (2003-present)
- Moorestown School of Music, Piano & Music Together Instructor (2007-2013)
Tr. Tina is excited to join the teaching staff at HFS. For the past 15 years, she has owned and operated her own private piano and has overseen the education of several of her students from the time they were toddlers through their high school graduations. She also taught for 7 years as a faculty member at Moorestown School of Music - a non-profit music school that specialized in the Suzuki method. During this time, she specialized in early learning music classes, with students starting lessons as young as 4 years old. She also received training in Music Together and conducted classes for families with children between the ages of 1 week to 4 years old, in mixed-age classroom settings. She believes that teachers play a profound role in developing the whole child and helping to raise them to become good and happy people that have positive contributions to society.
In her free time, she loves going to coffee shops and watching movies with her husband and two children.