PreK Monarchs: Co-Teacher Jennifer Curtis and Co-Teacher Kristen Jesperson
Co-Tr. Jen (Curtis)
- Rowan University: B.A. Elementary Education, Rowan University: B.A. Fine Arts
- Haddonfield Friends School, since 2007
- Pre-K Teacher, 5 years
- Teacher of English as a Second Language for an extended English Immersion Summer School in South Korea - 2009
Additional Experience & Skills:
- 5 years studying Mandarin Chinese, Chinese and Taiwanese culture
- 2 years Birdwatcher for The Audubon Society
- My interests and hobbies tend to make their way into the classroom throughout the course of the year. One of my passions is Environmental Science, which complements beautifully the Monarch Butterfly unit and various other studies. I also have a passion for travel, which comes to the children by way of beautiful books, songs and stories from those countries I have had the privilege to visit. My latest adventure is raising two awesome sons. My husband, George, and I love them everyday with great joy!
Co-Tr. Kristen (Jesperson)
- Rowan University: BA Elementary Education, BA American Studies
- 3rd Grade Teacher, John Paul II Regional School (2015-2016)
- Pre-K Teacher, John Paul II Regional School (2014-2015)
- Kindergarten Teacher, The Goddard School (2012-2014)
Tr. Kristen has four years of professional teaching experience, ranging from Pre-K to Third Grade, and is looking forward to spending her fifth year as a Pre-K teacher at HFS. As an MFS alum, Quaker values are at the heart of Kristen’s teaching. She enjoys teaching through hands-on approaches and strives to help each child blossom to their full potential. Outside of the class, Kristen enjoys spending time at home with her husband, Erik, and their three cats. She is a huge animal lover and has helped rescue and rehabilitate over ten cats and dogs. She uses her passion for animals to teach a variety of courses over the summer at MFS’s summer scholar program.