Middle School Humanities: Elizabeth Yancey
Tr. Elizabeth Yancey
- St. Joseph's University, Philadelphia: Masters of Science in Education
- Villanova University, Villanova PA: B.A. Geography/ Theology
- University of Pennsylvania, Robert A. Fox Leadership Program: Certificate in Leadership
- St. Dominic School, Philadelphia, PA: 2 years
- Little Flower Catholic School, PA: 2 years
Additional Skills & Experience:
- Instructional Leader with experience in Retreats (student and faculty)
- Alexander von Humboldt Medallion Award for Excellence in Geography
- Alpha Epsilon Lambda Graduate Students Honor Society, Omega Chapter
Upon graduation from Villanova University, I volunteered for a year in Worcester, MA, teaching ESL and running afterschool programs. Following my passions for education, travel, and learning about other cultures, I then taught English in the Republic of Georgia. I learned to converse in the Georgian language, improved my Russian skills, and travelled throughout much of Georgia and nearby countries. I also spent a summer in Slovenia and earned my CELTA certificate to teach ESL. In 2013, I returned stateside to teach and earn my master’s degree. I still spend summers travelling both within the US and overseas, and have visited 40 states and 30 countries. I am also a certified rescue diver, and in addition to scuba diving, I love hiking, kayaking, and canoeing.
Check out the middle school homepage!