Supplemental Math: Poon N-Ma
Tr. Poon (N-Ma)
- CA Multiple Subjects Teaching Credential.
- University of Michigan (Ann Arbor): MA in Educational Studies on Curriculum Development and Evaluation, Certificate in Teaching ESL Internationally.
- Open University, Milton Keyes, UK: BA in English Language and Literature.
- Nanyang Technological University, Singapore: Diploma in Education specializing in English Language, Singapore Math and Social Studies.
- Revo Academy: School for the Gifted Education, Thousand Oaks, California, Homeroom Teacher (Grade 4/5), 2016
- Paya Lebar Methodist Girls’ School, Singapore, Lead Teacher/Form Teacher (Grade 1 – 6), 17 years
- Additional Roles: Subject Head for Social Studies, Health Education Coordinator, Grade 5 Level Manager, Chief Editor, Camp Commandant, CCA Teacher, Professional Learning Teams Project Coordinator.
As an educator, I have great passion for lifelong learning and a determination to ensure that my students perform to the best of their ability. To engage and to involve greater participation in my lessons, I incorporate various teaching strategies such as collaborative work, projects and presentations. I believe students learn best when learning experiences are hands-on, experiential and meaningful to them. As a Supplemental Math Teacher at HFS, I want to see my students enjoy learning Math in a meaningful way, make connections to the real world and be able to communicate their thinking processes in a creative way.
During my free time, I enjoy exploring new places of interest, traveling and hiking with my husband and daughter. In addition, I enjoy quilting, beading and doing Folk Art.